CYBERWORLD

LIFE STYLE FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

RECIPE REMEDY FOR CONSTIPATION

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: RECIPE REMEDY FOR CONSTIPATION   Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:45 pm

Ingredients:
1 quart of distilled water
2 tbs lemon juice
1 cup pitted prunes, cut in half
1 tsp cinnamon
Directions:
Put all ingredients except lemon juice in a pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice. Eat as is or spoon over oatmeal as a sweetener.
I used this recipe when cooking for the students of the Guru. Meditation students did a lot of deep breathing which caused constipation due to water loss. They also sat for extended periods of time which caused constipation due to inactivity. This particular side dish/condiment kept many a devotee comfortable and tastes best with organic ingredients!
How The Ingredients Work:
The water provides lubrication necessary for movement. The lemon juice is a mild astringent which tones and strengthens the intestines. It is also a mild antiseptic and loosens the material from the intestines. Prunes provide the bulk or fiber and stimulation to move the intestines. While the cinnamon is a stimulant it also creates a sense of well-being.
A spoonful of this recipe brings a relaxed smile to one's face.
Please stay tuned for my next article, where I will investigate the linkages between constipation and depression. Please visit VitalityCapsules.com and join my mailing list to receive free weekly recipes and health advice.
Jennifer Daniels, M.D., M.B.A is a graduate of Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and the Wharton School of Business. Dr. Daniels loves receiving email, so feel free to drop her a line at
[email]jennifer@vitalitycapsules.com[/email]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cyberworld.forumotion.com

RECIPE REMEDY FOR CONSTIPATION
Page 1 of 1