CYBERWORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CYBERWORLD

LIFE STYLE FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RECIPE REMEDY FOR CONSTIPATION

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2007-07-21

RECIPE REMEDY FOR CONSTIPATION Empty
PostSubject: RECIPE REMEDY FOR CONSTIPATION   RECIPE REMEDY FOR CONSTIPATION EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 9:45 pm

Ingredients:
1 quart of distilled water
2 tbs lemon juice
1 cup pitted prunes, cut in half
1 tsp cinnamon
Directions:
Put all ingredients except lemon juice in a pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice. Eat as is or spoon over oatmeal as a sweetener.
I used this recipe when cooking for the students of the Guru. Meditation students did a lot of deep breathing which caused constipation due to water loss. They also sat for extended periods of time which caused constipation due to inactivity. This particular side dish/condiment kept many a devotee comfortable and tastes best with organic ingredients!
How The Ingredients Work:
The water provides lubrication necessary for movement. The lemon juice is a mild astringent which tones and strengthens the intestines. It is also a mild antiseptic and loosens the material from the intestines. Prunes provide the bulk or fiber and stimulation to move the intestines. While the cinnamon is a stimulant it also creates a sense of well-being.
A spoonful of this recipe brings a relaxed smile to one's face.
Please stay tuned for my next article, where I will investigate the linkages between constipation and depression. Please visit VitalityCapsules.com and join my mailing list to receive free weekly recipes and health advice.
Jennifer Daniels, M.D., M.B.A is a graduate of Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and the Wharton School of Business. Dr. Daniels loves receiving email, so feel free to drop her a line at
[email]jennifer@vitalitycapsules.com[/email]
Back to top Go down
https://cyberworld.forumotion.com

RECIPE REMEDY FOR CONSTIPATION
Page 1 of 1