CYBERWORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CYBERWORLD

LIFE STYLE FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

woman travel tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2007-07-21

woman travel tips Empty
PostSubject: woman travel tips   woman travel tips EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 3:02 pm

Another Use for Contact Lens Cases

Instead of packing your tubes, jars, or plastic bottles of creams try a contact lens case. You can use both sides, one for eye cream, the other for concealers or products that require dabs for application.
-Blend in
Don't wear clothes that make you stand out. I usually try to wear jeans, sweatshirts, and try to stay away from bold colors, logos and definitely anything sexy.
Adventures with AdventureGirl.com
18-Dec-2003 Adventures with AdventureGirl.com ID838

Bra Pocket
One night while I was in Europe I was mugged far from my hostel. They took my bag, wallet and made me empty my pockets. I would have been stranded but I had stored some money, as well as a copy of my passport, in a pocket I had sewn into my bra. It turned out to be a life saver.

Bras Can Hold More Than ...
Bras with removable demi-pads are great for carrying money. Just remove the pads and slip the money inside the pockets. The money may move around with strenuous movement (it won't fall out but the contours may show under a tight top) but keeping it in place requires no more than the usual daily bra adjustments. I travelled alone through remote parts of Russia recently and felt perfectly secure.

Cell Phones - Invaluable
Women traveling alone, whether on long or short drives, should ALWAYS take a cellular phone or car phone. If you don't have time to get a phone before your trip, take something that LOOKS LIKE a cell phone. If you ever feel that you are being followed by a stranger or if anyone, especially a strange man, on the highway attempts to flag down your vehicle, DO NOT PULL OVER! Instead, get out your phone and call someone, or even PRETEND to call someone. This is a major deterrent to would-be attackers who think you are able to call the police. Also, NEVER pull over to help a hitchhiker or a person with car trouble. Instead, call the police from your cell phone or from a phone in a safe BUSINESS in the next town.

what to Take for Long Flights
Ladies, on long flights it is wise to have the following: a disposable wet napkin, a small water spray bottle (for spritzing your face), and last but not least, your own water bottle that you can refill on the plane. Drink lots of water!

Traveling Toilet Woes Eliminated for Women!!!
Ladies, there's a great new product out there that enables you to pee standing up!!! Sounds strange, but it works like a charm. No more hovering over disgusting public toilets…or having to worry about not being able to find a restroom when you absolutely need one. Men have always been able to go just about anywhere without any worry - and now women can too!!!

It's called the P-Mate and is a nifty little invention that is so lightweight to carry (fits into an envelope) - is made of a sturdy disposable coated cardboard, is so easy to use, and very discreet. You don’t even have to pull your pants completely down!!!

A 'must have' to take along when traveling to places where restrooms might not be as plentiful, or as clean as you'd like. Makes a great everyday gift, or a very practical one for someone planning to travel.
The P-Mate

Waist Wallet for Passports and Cash
When traveling out of the country, it is wise to keep most of your travelers' checks where they cannot be stolen. There is an item called a waist wallet that you wear under your garments. It is large enough for your passport and ID as well, but lays flat against your body.

Want Privacy?
If you are travelling alone and don't want any company, there are certain things you can do to dissuade unwanted attention. If on a coach or train, sit on the outside seat, placing your handbag, coat and jacket on the window seat. If in a bar restaurant, place your coat on the back of the seat opposite to make it look as if you have company. It may seem anti-social, but sometimes it's the only way.

Want Privacy? Look Like You're Married
Single women traveling on their own might consider buying a cheap gold band to wear while out and about. When approached by men you can either say you're 'waiting for your husband' or profess undying faithfulness and say you could never stroll down the deserted beach with another man. Of course there are plenty other more direct and to the point comments you can make to fend off unwanted attention, but I've found the wedding band trick provokes less ire.
Outdoor & Cultural Vacations for Women Over 40
18-Dec-2003 Outdoor & Cultural Vacations for Women Over 40 ID876

Wear a Veil in Muslim Countries
In conservative Muslim countries, do as the native women do: veil! It protects you from the sun; it protects you from unwanted male attention; you don't need to be concerned about what you look like (so what if you are having a bad hair day?) and it is being respective of the culture you are visiting. I lived in Arabia for 2 years and learned to appreciate the flip side of wearing an abaya and veil. I felt safe anywhere at any time of day or night because a veiled/robed woman is unmolested - you might as well be a shadow if you are alone. What a relief!
Back to top Go down
https://cyberworld.forumotion.com

woman travel tips
Page 1 of 1